- Monday & Tuesday dinners are 5-2 diet friendly which means they are 250 cal or below.
- The delicious meals will make for a great family dining experience.
- These are healthy balanced meals – just what any growing family needs.
- Most of the meals have a cooking time of 30 mins to 45 mins and are therefore ideal for a working mom to put together before she gets mauled by hungry school/daycare kids.
Meal Plan Themes & Strategies
- Fish twice a week (One oily fish e.g. salmon/mackerel and one white fish)
- Vegetarian dish twice a week
- Recipes celebrate different cultures – Italian, Nigerian, Indian, etc.
- I repeat the same meals for the two weeks in the fortnight so I can do one major shopping and bulk cooking one week and take things easy the next week. This leaves more time for doing fun stuff with my kids & putting my feet up with a book.
Week Night Menu Plan
I cook these for both weeks of the fortnight which allows me to bulk cook one week (when possible) and put my feet up the next week. Also when the family really enjoy a meal they love to have it again the next week, so it’s a win-win for everyone. 🙂
Flounder Milanese with Rocket (Arugula) & Tomatoes by SkinnyTaste
Three Cheese Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls by SkinnyTaste
Simple Beef Korma by Woman Magazine UK
234 calories without rice
Beans Pottage by The Village Pot
Spaghetti Bolognese by Donna Hays
Spicy Mackerel Stew With Crispy Vegetables by A Quest To Flourish
Hot Italian Shepherd’s Pie by BHG
Artist & Lover of God
Seeking to unveil the beautiful rhythms of love, hope and grace enshrouded in the mundane dailiness of the human condition and the spaces we inhabit