- Monday & Tuesday dinners are 5-2 diet friendly which means they are 250 cal or below.
- The delicious meals will make for a great family dining experience.
- These are healthy balanced meals – just what any growing family needs.
- Most of the meals have a cooking time of 30 mins to 45 mins and are therefore ideal for a working mom to put together before she gets mauled by hungry school/daycare kids.
Meal Plan Themes & Strategies
- Fish twice a week (One oily fish e.g. salmon/mackerel and one white fish)
- Vegetarian dish twice a week
- Recipes celebrate different cultures – Mexican, Nigerian, Thai, etc.
- I repeat the same meals for the two weeks in the fortnight so I can do one major shopping and bulk cooking one week and take things easy the next week. This leaves more time for doing fun stuff with my kids & putting my feet up with a book.
Week Night Menu Plan
I cook these for both weeks of the fortnight which allows me to bulk cook one week (when possible) and put my feet up the next week. Also when the family really enjoy a meal they love to have it again the next week, so it’s a win-win for everyone. 🙂
Tilapia Tacos with Peach Mango Salsa by Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny
150.5 calories (bring it up to 250 cal with more of the salsa)
Spicy Sausage & Veggie Stir Fry by by Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny
Lightened up Pad Thai for Two by Andie Mitchell
Lentil Shepherd’s Pie by Women’s Mag
Nachos by Super Food Ideas
Salmon with Sweet Potatoes & Zucchini by MasterChef
Nigerian Egusi Soup by All Nigerian Recipes