I’ve been suffering. My love of breakfast has taken a beating from my recent FODMAP elimination diet – I’m currently off dairy, honey, and most delicious things. However, when you look forward to breakfast as much as I do, you’ll find a way to still make it amazing, dairy or no dairy. I mean, soy based coffee can be testing, but French Earl Grey is pretty amazing.
I enjoyed making these fluffly delicious pancakes with coconut milk and spelt flour – I forgot I was on any restrictions – life is always about finding a way, guys!
2 Cups Spelt Flour (Plain)
1/4 Cup Dessicated Coconut (shredded)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (or 1/3 cup honey, maple syrup, etc)
400ml Coconut Milk
Juice & Zest 2 medium sized Limes
1/4 Cup Raw Macademia Nuts (chopped)
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TBSP each Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds (optional)
1 Pinch Salt
Oil for cooking
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a small jug
- Add lime zest & juice, and coconut milk to the egg mixture and whisk
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, nuts, seeds & salt)
- Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Cook pancakes in batches in a large frying pan.
- Serve with lime wedges, some extra shredded coconut and maple syrup.
Artist & Lover of God
Seeking to unveil the beautiful rhythms of love, hope and grace enshrouded in the mundane dailiness of the human condition and the spaces we inhabit